I was born in the Midwest and studied commercial art and fine art at the Cincinnati Art Academy.
I developed a love for figurative sculpting and created works in clay and stone. The study of anatomy, composition and symmetry fascinated me.
I have been employed as a sculptor in the toy, theme park and display industry and continue working as a freelance artist.
My fine art sculpture has been displayed at a number of galleries around the country and I sell my cold cast bronze and resin kits at conventions and art shows.
The Sculpting Process usually starts with an idea, perhaps a simple pose of a model or gymnast. It might be a mythological theme with a warrior about to do a battle. While working with the clay I try to convey the power, mass, and dynamic poise of a dancer. Each subject is a new challenge, a new problem. How can I push it to a new level? When satisfied with the results the piece is finished.
The completed piece is then cast in a finished material, usually bronze or fiberglass. A number of my pieces are sculpted in terracotta clay which are then kiln fired.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Your Shopping CartYour cart is empty
- Conquering 5 Major Energetic Blocks to Success with Timothy Anderson, June 29, 2012 , 4:00PM
- Art That Heals Prospectus, Entry Deadline July 28th
- Mandala Meditation Prospectus, Entry Deadline June 30th 2012
- Event: Spirit in Nature Prospectus, May 31st Deadline
- Art Opening, “Surreal Spiritual” 5pm-8pm – Saturday June 9th
- Art Opening, “Chakra Forces”- 5pm-8pm – Saturday, May 5th
- Life Drawing Workshops